So what's everyone listening to?

BuilderBill

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love Pandora for the shop; it's on a Dream Theater-style kick right now (Symphony X, Circus Maximus, etc.) Might cue up Trans-Siberian Orchestra's Christmas tunes later when my neighbors invariably congregate in my shop. For anyone liking TSO and didn't know it, Savatage is the metal band that has TSO as a side project so you'll likely like them, too.

Hey Paul ... I love Pandora and today I am letting my 120 gig ipod play the mix. You have great music taste.

Love Pandora for the shop; it's on a Dream Theater-style kick right now (Symphony X, Circus Maximus, etc.) Might cue up Trans-Siberian Orchestra's Christmas tunes later when my neighbors invariably congregate in my shop. For anyone liking TSO and didn't know it, Savatage is the metal band that has TSO as a side project so you'll likely like them, too.

Going to give my age away, but right now I Have the following queued up on Pandora.

Stone Sour, Crossfade, Seven Mary Three, Seether, Chris Daughtery, Breaking Benjamin, Three Days Grace, Nickback, 3 Doors Down, Linkin Park, Shinedown

at this exact moment Shinedown's take on Simple Man is playing.

Going to give my age away, but right now I Have the following queued up on Pandora.

Stone Sour, Crossfade, Seven Mary Three, Seether, Chris Daughtery, Breaking Benjamin, Three Days Grace, Nickback, 3 Doors Down, Linkin Park, Shinedown

Late 30's?

I only recognized 2 bands, 3 Doors Down, Linkin Park, and they were both 'after' my time. I am 48, but I still think I am in my 20's.

Well, finally someone with decent music tastes. Yes, I jest. I've got quite a mix including Stone Sour, Seether, and Three Days Grace from your list. Other favourite artists include Theory of a Deadman, Rise Against, Rage Against the Machine, Audioslave, Billy Talent, Boston, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Springsteen, The Fray, Anna Gilbert, Downtyme, Tom Petty, Tom Cochrane, Thornley, and ZZ Top.

So do you think am I older or younger than you?

Well, finally someone with decent music tastes. Yes, I jest. I've got quite a mix including Stone Sour, Seether, and Three Days Grace from your list. Other favourite artists include Theory of a Deadman, Rise Against, Rage Against the Machine, Audioslave, Billy Talent, Boston, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Springsteen, The Fray, Anna Gilbert, Downtyme, Tom Petty, Tom Cochrane, Thornley, and ZZ Top.

So do you think am I older or younger than you?

ZZ Top had create videos. Weirdest coincidence, my Pandora started Audioslave right as your post came up. Are you messing with my station?!?!

For fun, I thought many of us use Pandora. Share your station here. Here's my two stations:

Audio Caffeine

123-567

And, yeah, I know the first thing either will play are the embarrassing songs...

ZZ Top had create videos. Weirdest coincidence, my Pandora started Audioslave right as your post came up. Are you messing with my station?!?!

For fun, I thought many of us use Pandora. Share your station here. Here's my two stations:

Audio Caffeine

123-567

And, yeah, I know the first thing either will play are the embarrassing songs...

"Do not attempt to adjust your radio. WE are controlling the frequency!"

Paul,

What is Pandora? I just listen to my songs on shuffle.

Pandora ... go to www.pandora.com and you will see.

Two types of service, paid and free. I use the free service so I have limitations.

How it works? You type an artist who you like and the pandora plays the artist who you picked plus others who sound like that. In the process of playing you give it a thumbs up or down so the radio constantly adjusts and fine tunes the play list to your liking.

Pandora to me is a great way of finding new artists, new in the sense of checking out artists who I never heard before.

"Do not attempt to adjust your radio. WE are controlling the frequency!"

Paul,

What is Pandora? I just listen to my songs on shuffle.

Does it have to be music?

I mostly listen to podcasts. But I'll start with the music(when I listen). In order of rank: Allyson Krauss, Emmylou Harris, DMB, Steeldrivers, Scaggs, Andre Bocelli, Indellible Grace, Derek Webb, etc.

Mostly, I listen to podcasts: WTO, MBWS, Hand Tools and Techniques, Stu's Shed, RenWW, member of Mastering WW w/ Chuck Neil, The Briefing w/ Al Mohler, The Dividing Line, Knowing the Truth, Stand to Reason, Fighting for the Faith

i just loaded some new music to iTunes (it's a new computer, it's about time to the the 200+ CDs onto it, right?) today.

Bon Jovi, Blues Traveler, Blink 182, the Blade score and soundtrack, Blind Melon, Charlie Daniels, White Zombie, ZZ Top, Cherry Poppin' Daddies, Deep Blue Something, Vince Guaraldi (did the music for all the Charlie Brown TV specials), Avril Lavigne, AC/ DC, Daft Punk, and Apocolyptica were the last groups with albums I loaded. Don't even get me started on the compilations I have.

Usually, when I'm at work, I put on a podcast. (I shuffle paper for 9 to 12 hours a day on the weekends.) Typically, it's something like Trance Around The World, or Perfecto Podcast with Paul Oakenfold, but I also load up on Bloomberg, Stuff your Mom never told you, The Motley Fool, Car Talk, and (at the end of the day, because I can't focus on work otherwise) Wood Talk Radio. On lunch breaks, I try video podcasts of whatever woodworking tips I can cram in.

I needed to update the music, because I got tired of hearing the same 200 songs over and over. And if my wife controls the radio, it would be Christmas music all year round. Sometimes I go to my shop just to listen to something different....

• 2 weeks later...

I have a pretty wide variety of music I like, Christian rock, southern rock, good old rock n roll, heavy metal, country, jazz and even a little rap. Normally in the shop will be Brett Michaels 'with or without the rest of Poison', Metallica, Pearl Jam, G&R, Lynard Skynyrd, Skid Row, Cris Tomlin, Casting Crowns, Lifehouse, 3 Doors Down, Daughtery, Ray Charles, Peter Paul Mary. That being said there has been many times when I am out there and hit play not realizing that my kids have put in Hannah, Highschool Musical, Camp Rock 2 and so on. I have been jamming away while working not even realizing it until it's done-and wanting to hear it again!!

Nate

I was rereading this topic, and Builder Bill asked what is wrong with the Supremes. I never cared much for Diana Ross. Her back up singers never got the credit they deserved. One of them had a voice that, IMO, was better than Ross'. When the trio was changed to Diana Ross and the Supremes, I lost all interest in their music. I bet they didn't even notice.....

Bad Haggis

My buddy plays the base for this band. I call this acid celtic music. Fantastic. They have a Brazilian drummer, Colombian percusionist, jazz guitarrist, Pipes dude ..., Bass player who loves world music (african and jazz influenced). The more you listen ... the more you like them. This is one of these bands who don't go anywhere and make amazing music.