So what's everyone listening to?

BuilderBill

I paid a visit to SusieQ's site this evening and it popped up a playlist from Sugarland, a local band I should have known about but didn't... Anyway, it reminded me that I needed to feed some more CDs into iTunes(after a visit to Amazon to buy two Sugarland CDs).

So far, a couple of Allison Moorer CDs, Mark Knopfler/Emmylou Harris' "All the Roadrunning", Emmylou's "Wrecking Ball", Terry Evans' "Puttin It Down", Enya's "Watermark" and somewhere in the mix I got sidetracked just listening to "Fallen" by Evanescence. Waiting in the wings: Dire Straits' "On the Night", Steve Earle's "I feel Alright" and "Jerusalem", Highway 101's first album and soundtracks from "The Crow" and "The Crow:City of Angels". I think I'm gonna need a bigger iPod....

So what are you guys'n'gals listening to?

Best,

Bill

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you like Evanescence, you'll like Epica. When it came across Pandora a couple times, I thought it was new music from Evanescence. Bummer that band fell apart.

I just got an iPod Touch 2G as a freebie with my new iMac (that's how Apple gets rid of old stock :)) Haven't loaded a single song on it yet. I was wanting to clean my music up a bit first before getting dupes and duds on there. My previous iPod had Eddie Palmieri, Tupac, Kat DeLuna, Gotan Project, and some Michael Jackson tribute stuff that was actually pretty good (but every time it would come one, my shop would fill up with little kids so I stopped playing it).

Now I live by Pandora off my Blackberry. I love the mix and the suggestions are usually really good. The Pandora client for iPod Touch/iPhone is really nice, too, but the aggressive power-saver hardware of the iPod Touch 2G keeps it from working unless I keep it on a charger... so gotta get a dock to use it in the garage.

Hey, P-M, thanx for the tip. Ordered "Phantom Agony" from Amazon just to check them out, they sound interesting. That makes 5 CDs and one iPod Classic 160 they've got me for tonight.....

In the meantime, I've stacked up another 6" or so of CDs: Patty Smith, Patty Smyth/Scandal, Southern Culture On the Skids, Little Feat, Robbie Robertson,Restless Heart, Pat Benatar, Sting, and what has to be one of my fave albums, a bootleg Smashing Pumpkins CD named "Black Sessions". Definitely a must have if you can find it...

I'm going to bed now before I spend any more money...

Best,

Bill

Oh boy if I write what I have on my iPod ... about 30,000 tunes. I enjoy Nuevo Tango, Bebop, free jazz, Irakere, flamenco, blue grass, punk, ska, Argentinean folk (we call it folklore), Music from the altiplano (high lands shared in the north west of Argentina, Bolivia, North East of Chile, South of Peru), Opera, Piano Conciertos ... played by Martha Argerich, she is really great playing romantics (Chopin, Rachmaninoff), some classic rock. some folk ...

Right now, streaming A Prairie Home Companion.

Depends on what I am doing. If I have a bunch of boards to work on my thickness planer and need to move without thinking too much the music will be more punk oriented to keep me going.

If I am working on fitting and joinery, then I have to slow down (I have ADD) and will play something slower (Jazz, tango, some bluegrass or bossa nova).

I have to listen to my metal.

I'm in to death, thrash, black and power metal.

Its the only place I get to listen to it. The wife is in to country music and even though she claims to like my music you can see the look on her face when she starts up the car and one of my CDs turn on in the radio.

So far I haven't been told to turn it down and I'm surrounded by retires, of course I don't crank it up. I'm not that Mad.

I find it relaxing to sand a piece of wood to

I'm currently listening to Lacuna Coil's new album, after seeing them all live last week - and getting chance to meet them afterwards, awesome! Apart from that, it's Metallica as usual at the moment.

I'm currently listening to Lacuna Coil's new album, after seeing them all live last week - and getting chance to meet them afterwards, awesome! Apart from that, it's Metallica as usual at the moment.

D'oh! D'oh!^2 I'm a new Lacuna Coil listener and definitely like it. I went to a coffee shop some months ago and saw an announcement that they were in concert that night. There was no way to make it to the show in time so I passed on it. How'd you hook up the after-show meet?

D'oh! D'oh!^2 I'm a new Lacuna Coil listener and definitely like it. I went to a coffee shop some months ago and saw an announcement that they were in concert that night. There was no way to make it to the show in time so I passed on it. How'd you hook up the after-show meet?

Hi Paul, you have a lot of albums to catch up on then! ;-) - they were playing in Exeter here in the UK. It's quite a small venue, and after the show they just came out to chat to the fans, and hung around for ages (though I think they were waiting for Cristina, she did show up but not until later on!). Was a great night.

It ain't REAL music unless Little Richard is the artist. Buddy Holly, Bill Healy, Connie Francis, ABBA. But definately NO Supremes. Maybe a little Perry Como. Just kidding, actually. I don't even have a reciever of any kind in my shop. As you can see from the above list, I am a product of the first decade of rock and roll.

I listen to anything except country and rap. Quite often it's classical though.

Then there's times I just want to be listening to my hand tools sing.

I'll listen to anything but rap/hip-hop/urban contemporary/whatever-you-call-it. Very seldom it's classical although Tchaikovsky's "Pathetique" is on my all-time fave list...

Weather has cooled down and I'm working on the car system, got the Mac amp installed last night and the power cables and fuse block in, tomorrow the speaker cables and interconnects. Then I get to play with the bandsaw and router and make speaker mounting brackets and spacer rings(probably out of some 1/2" polycarb I've had stacked in the corner for years...). And DynaMat the front doors..... mount the speakers,set levels on the amp and tune the crossovers... and see if I can get the door panels back on when it's all done....:blink:

Road trip next weekend, we're going to Charleston(SC) for photo ops and I hope to have the system ready for the trip. If not it's gonna be podcasts and radio for more hours than I care to think about. :(

BTW, what's wrong with the Supremes?

Best,

Bill

I paid a visit to SusieQ's site this evening and it popped up a playlist from Sugarland, a local band I should have known about but didn't... Anyway, it reminded me that I needed to feed some more CDs into iTunes(after a visit to Amazon to buy two Sugarland CDs).

So far, a couple of Allison Moorer CDs, Mark Knopfler/Emmylou Harris' "All the Roadrunning", Emmylou's "Wrecking Ball", Terry Evans' "Puttin It Down", Enya's "Watermark" and somewhere in the mix I got sidetracked just listening to "Fallen" by Evanescence. Waiting in the wings: Dire Straits' "On the Night", Steve Earle's "I feel Alright" and "Jerusalem", Highway 101's first album and soundtracks from "The Crow" and "The Crow:City of Angels". I think I'm gonna need a bigger iPod....

So what are you guys'n'gals listening to?

Best,

Bill

Bill,

Check out one of my newest favorites - Lady Antebellum - Our kind of love.

SQ

I'm listening to a lot of per-olov kindgren's stuff these days.

That guy really can play and does fabulous arrangements,

i liked it so much that i've bought the sheetmusic for his "air" arrangement.

If you are into (classical) guitar music then you really have to check out his channel.

http://www.youtube.com/user/AndanteLargo

I'm listening to a lot of per-olov kindgren's stuff these days.

That guy really can play and does fabulous arrangements,

i liked it so much that i've bought the sheetmusic for his "air" arrangement.

If you are into (classical) guitar music then you really have to check out his channel.

http://www.youtube.com/user/AndanteLargo

Wow! He is a serious talent! Thanks for sharing. Enjoyed it.

SQ

• 1 month later...