of the wall assembly table

jimmykx250

I thought i saw a post on here somewhere about a guy the made an assembly/work table that was attached to the wall at one end and that way it folded down. I like this idea and im in a tight shop. I just cant come up with what i really want. Any ideas? The table i want to make would be around 30" wide and 4 to 5 feet long.

Hey Jimmy, you could build a torsion box surface and hinge it of the wall. The torsion box is extremely strong and will be flat. Hinge it off the wall, for more security and purchase off the wall you could attach horizontally a 4 x6 x 5' long on all studs on the wall and then hinge the table top of that wood. When the work surface is horizontal you could have legs that "fall" down to the floor. For more safety you could find a way of locking the legs when they are touching the floor (and I have no idea what to suggest but I am absolutely sure somebody in this group will have a great one)

I thought i saw a post on here somewhere about a guy the made an assembly/work table that was attached to the wall at one end and that way it folded down. I like this idea and im in a tight shop. I just cant come up with what i really want. Any ideas? The table i want to make would be around 30" wide and 4 to 5 feet long.

Jimmy, I don’t know if this is the post you were looking for or not. Let me know if it isn’t.