Hi, my name's Wilbur

wilburpan

Although I've been watching Marc's videos since "The Jointer's Jumping", which was right about the time I really started to get into woodworking, I haven't been a real active participant on the Wood Whisperer forums. Since this new forum is going up, I decided that today would be a good day to change that.

I'm primarily interested in hand tool use, especially Japanese tools. If anyone has some time that they want to waste, I have a blog about that stuff at giantcypress.net.

Ah, I didn't put your name and GiantCypress.net together initially. Love the blog, though I'm a bit behind since my vacation.

Anybody else interested in Japanese saws, give it a read; fantastic insight.

Cool! I'll check it out. I don't have the coordination for western style saws.

Ah, I didn't put your name and GiantCypress.net together initially. Love the blog, though I'm a bit behind since my vacation.

Anybody else interested in Japanese saws, give it a read; fantastic insight.

Hi Paul-Marcel,

Thanks for the compliment and the plug! I'm glad you like the blog. It's a lot of fun for me to do. I've been halfway separating my full name from my blog, mainly because for work I want to try to keep Google hits for "Wilbur Pan" to return my work-related stuff, and I have enough competition from Wilber Pan, the Taiwanese rapper/pop star. No, I am not making that up. I would love for my blog to be a top Google hit for "Japanese woodworking", though.

Cool! I'll check it out. I don't have the coordination for western style saws.

Hi Vic,

Japanese saws rule. ;)