Drawer Lock Bit help ???

guitar10000

Hello ,

I recently bought a Woodriver Drawer Lock Bit 1"D 1/2"CL but it did not come with any instructions. The only help online I have found is for a 2"D bit.

or a 45degree lock bit.

Does anyone know where I can get setup info for this bit? Or should I just start making lots and lots of test cuts?

Thanks

Hello ,

I recently bought a Woodriver Drawer Lock Bit 1"D 1/2"CL but it did not come with any instructions. The only help online I have found is for a 2"D bit.

or a 45degree lock bit.

Does anyone know where I can get setup info for this bit? Or should I just start making lots and lots of test cuts?

Thanks

Guitar10K, if this is your bit, then Woodcraft sells a similar bit made by Whiteside Machine Co., and Whiteside has a general set of instructions here for all bit sizes of this type. By the way, the instructions are NOT for the 45 deg bit. They have a separate set of instructions for that bit. Don’t know if these instructions will help you but you might take a look.

Great video. I was trying to use one of my CMT bits for a joint like that one, when after reading the instructions for 10 ... yes ... ten ... times, I realized my piece was not thick enough. So I will make for the fun of it a drawer lock joint with a 3/16" bit and do this manually.

I will use 3/4" for my drawer lock construction bit.

I will also do a rabbet dovetail drawer as Marc did for the guild. I like how it looks.