I am about to throw my MFT3 in the firepit

Need some serious help here... i am about fed up with this table. I don't know if something is out of wack but from day one I have never been able to get this thing to produce square cuts.

See the attached picture and follow along.

I take a sheet of melamine and rip it to 23 3/4" on the table saw. Both sides are parallel,

Next I bring to MFT3 and place red line on fence. I cut orange line.

I then proceed to flip end for end keeping the red line on the fence and cut the blue line.

My cross dimensions are the same but my lengths are a 1/16th of an inch off. (I know this is physically not possible, but I am taking it right from the tape)

After modeling this on sketchup is it just move the track a hair to right (green line) to produce a square cut?l

I am at my wits end with this thing... I have cut over 30 times and cannot get it square. First I take my woodpeckers square to the fence and track and square it up perfectly. Then it produces even worse.

next calibration...

Next I would take wood peckers t square to the work piece and draw a square line. then I would square the track up to the line.

I forget what it would produce but I know it wasn't right.

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED HELLLP

post-2720-0-31202500-1402793314_thumb.jp

No matter how many times I cut it it's still too short ? Not sure I understand your problem but lord knows we have all been there before !

I wish you luck.

Try some test cuts on scrap until you see where it is going wrong. I use a magnifying headpiece like jewelers use to see exactly where a straightedge is lined up before clamping. Good light can be crucial as well.

My cross dimensions are the same but my lengths are a 1/16th of an inch off. (I know this is physically not possible, but I am taking it right from the tape)

Anything is possible with a trapezoid. :)

Wish I could help, but I don't have an MFT.  All I can tell ya is you're outa square, homey.

Try the five cut method to square it. Mark explains it in his crosscut sled video, William NG also has a good explanation of it.

If you do end up wanting to throw it in the trash, I'll pay shipping to my trash can.

I did have an MFT-800 I couldn't keep square, ended up exchanging it for a 1080 and no problems in the last 10 years keeping it square.

Woodpecker, just send it back ! They will fix or replace ! Great folks!

I love my Woodpeckers framing square, one time tool, it's kind of my master square checking tool. Use every square you have to check each other, only the ones that all match up are your friends, label the rest as out !