Table saw disc sander thoughts

Tom Cancelleri

Another thing to cringe over is the abrasive that comes off the disc and lands on your cast iron table. The next time you wipe it off or slide a board through, SCRATCH!!@! I would lose sleep over that if I made the clever decision to turn my cabinet saw into a 500lb disc sander. Oh yea, the lateral stress on the arbor is just an awesome way to say "screw tolerance".  :P

• Like 1

Another thing to cringe over is the abrasive that comes off the disc and lands on your cast iron table. The next time you wipe it off or slide a board through, SCRATCH!!@! I would lose sleep over that if I made the clever decision to turn my cabinet saw into a 500lb disc sander. Oh yea, the lateral stress on the arbor is just an awesome way to say "screw tolerance".  :P

Also you are introducing grit into the workings of your table saw.  So the moving parts inside it will wear as well.  Brushing grit off of cast iron isn't a big deal at least with the surface grinders at work, but get grit into the moving portions of something will kill its accuracy real quick.