The X-mas saga completes (for me anyway)

pdjms1

Ok, so it all starts with an idea sparked by a comment my father in-law made about thinking he might start collecting cigars.  I though the WW has a humidor project maybe I should build him a humidor (should note I significantly underestimated the cost of this project).   Then I realized I should make something for other family members like dovetail boxes, and my aunt broke her ankle a couple of years ago and had issues bending down to get things out of her oven so how about that Steve Ramsey push/pull duhickey.  

All great projects and meaningful to the recipients but man did I underestimate the amount of effort it would take away from my Krenov inspired bookcase.  I just finished up and got some picks finally of these projects last night and then realized I can't actually post any of them on Facebook or I will spoil the surprise for my family members… So I figured I would post them here and give you guys a chance to laugh at my exuberance and ignorance. 

Gallery for all project photos:

Oven Puller:

post-15932-0-47755200-1418924978_thumb.j

Humidor:

post-15932-0-83062500-1418924999_thumb.j

Dovetail Boxes:

post-15932-0-34480900-1418925057_thumb.j

Thanks for the compliment (good photos can cover up a lot of mistakes, lol)  I'm trying to do more then just snap shots in my mess of a workshop (garage).  I have some equipment and all the skill for a photography business I sold a few years ago but am typically too lazy to set it all up for one or two projects… this time I had a few and some stuff to sell on ebay so out came the soft boxes, flashes, and big boy camera (non-iphone) :)

(would have gotten better photos of the decorative boxes but my wife already wrapped them so messy workshop photos it is)

Cooper I had to google "WTHIT" since I'm not down with all this jive internet lingo. lol.  Steve's is the same basic soft S shape with the birds mouth and hook at the two ends.  I just contoured it a little more.  I really like his projects for quickies and if I want to embellish there is typically a little room to add your own flair.  

Cooper I had to google "WTHIT" since I'm not down with all this jive internet lingo. lol.  Steve's is the same basic soft S shape with the birds mouth and hook at the two ends.  I just contoured it a little more.  I really like his projects for quickies and if I want to embellish there is typically a little room to add your own flair.  

HA! Not even sure I did it right. I just did because others do. It would be neat to have so others could ask "What The Heck Is This". But they do that on most of my projects anyway :wacko: