WTO not working on 3G on my phone

Freddie

I am very upset because for the past couple of months the forum app no longer works on my phone when in a 3G area. This means no more forum when I'm supposed to be working. I am still using a iPhone 4s. It works at home in my wifi network, but once outside of that the app no longer opens for me. Any advice from someone who is more educated in this area?

This has been linked to the Google dynamic ads rollout. This would be a good thing to get a wider response for since as I saw it brought to Marc he was waiting to make sure this was not just the equipment of one or two of us. I can make WTO load but somewhere on the order of 9 times more slowly with frequent network timeouts. I also am on a 4s.

I tested the forum on my iPhone6 AT&T LTE and the forum is normal. Fortunately, my mom happens to have an iPhone 4S on Verizon 3G and using her device I am able to replicate the loading issues you guys are seeing. But much to the chagrin of our resident ad-haters, I temporarily disabled ALL ads on the forum and the problem persists. I know dynamic ads do cause issues for some folks on slow connections but I'm not prepared to blame these issues on ads. So there is no link that I'm aware of.

So let's get some details so I have something to send to the forum software people. Everyone who is experiencing this issue can you please let me know what device you're using and what mobile service you have? So far it looks like this is narrowed down to Verizon and iPhone 5 and earlier?

Thanks for this Marc. I was very patiently assuming that this may have been local for me and only really saw this potentially linked to the ads in the other recent thread. I want to apologize if I seemed an ad hater. If I have to get a new phone....I will need help explaining this to my wife.

Can you guys do me a favor? Test http://thewoodwhisperer.com and http://thewoodwhispererguild.com. Confirm for me that these sites ALSO load slowly. On my mom's phone that is definitely the case. If you guys see the same thing, that helps me eliminate the forum software as an issue. I'm thinking this is a problem at a deeper server-wide level.

I don't frequent those sites away from home so that one did not occur to me. Yes, all three sites load slowly. iOS 8.1.2

Same for me on my above-posted setup.   The main TWW site is acting just like the forum...click and wait and wait.   Re-enable wifi and no problems.

WTO With SPEED!!!

WW with less speed (more graphic content, to be expected)

WWGuild same old same old.

Actually the TWW site has much less in the way of graphical content now. But we're still tuning the server and CDN to deliver the fastest speeds possible. As it stands now, the site should be much faster than it has been in previous weeks, for most connections.