Completed Projects

Charger

Hello fellow woodworkers, I have finally completed the Chest of Drawers for the guild build and The third Shaker Table I have built. The Chest and table are for my Daughter to complete a bedroom set that I have been building for her. The finish is just Minwax Poly/Stain Combo on the case and the table, with Clear Poly on the drawer fronts of the chest. I experimented with spraying the Stain/Poly with my Wagner HLVP sprayer and I got the right setup. I thinned the stain 25% with mineral spirits and I applied very thin coats. It ended up being 6 coats on the chest and 7 on the table. The very last coat I made it a little thicker.With the thinner coats it dries faster and re-coating time is allot faster. That way you can complete the staining is much less time. Please give me you comments about the look and finish of the two pieces. Thanks for looking, Lance

post-80-0-83309800-1289777876_thumb.jpg

post-80-0-63547700-1289777948_thumb.jpg

post-80-0-42508000-1289778103_thumb.jpg

post-80-0-39527300-1289778441_thumb.jpg

post-80-0-48467800-1289778586_thumb.jpg

Lance, some of the details are hard to make out. From what I can see it looks like your joints are nice and tight. I like the undercut bevel on the tops. I like an even tighter angle. You know me and oak...not the biggest fan. But, the contrast is growing on me. Is that a semi-gloss? I would tend to want to use a filler for anything above a satin, or medium luster. You sure are kickin' my butt. THREE projects in a little over the time I've been working on ONE!! I still have that little shaker table to build. I've had the legs sitting here forEVER. Maybe I'll get inspired one of these days. I'm sure the daughter is ecstatic!!!