What do you wear?

Saddlestrum

Now, if I can retrain myself to wipe my hands on the apron instead of my jeans...titebond 3 does NOT come out in the wash.

I have a leather apron and there is so much glue wiped on it that it looks like there's two big splotches of baby vomit on the parts that cover the pockets of my pants. My wife's so cute, she actually said "Why don't you use a rag?" ....

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaaaauuuuuggghhh!!!! http://www.jorts.com/ :wacko:

I usually wear jeans, T-shirt, sweatshirt, etc. Like someone else said, the first time I need a square or marking knife, I put on my speed square holder. (Looks like this http://www.duluthtrading.com/search/searchresults/54046.aspx?feature=Product_3&kw=square) I keep the combination square, speed square, a pencil and a marking knife in it. Folding rule or tape measure in my pocket, depending.

Tool belts are for working on a jobsite or on a ladder. Usually goes along with a Bigg Lugg for carrying a nailer up the ladder, too.

Jack

Nominating this for the best thread yet... :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...

I have worn overalls for the past 19 years. My very first job out of high school required wearing them and it stuck ever since. I did learn to like them better after realizing I could take my jeans off underneath them. <_<

I think the air circulates better in them than in a pair of jeans and I don't worry about them sagging.

Yes! I have worn overalls for years too. No plumber's butt :o

Shorts or jeans depending on the season and a t-shirt with athletic shoes. I use an apron when I'm working on a larger project. I have an old apron that I inherited from my father. It has three small pockets up high at the chest and two larger ones down low. The only thing I didn't like is that the tie strings are very short. I tried a grizzly apron but I hated it. It was too long, sagged too low around the neck and only had two pockets. I now use the apron from my father again.

Has anyone used the apron from rockler? I might ask my sister who does a lot of sewing to make a custom apron with flaps and sized pockets specifically for my items.

Tim

I just recently started using the apron from Lee Valley and it works great for me (with jeans and a t-shirt as well). It really isn't restricting or in the way. I don't use the pockets for anything more than a pencil, but I have noticed that my jeans aren't as dirty at the end of the day now.