Twin Rocking Horses

susieq4131

Sorry guys, but I'm on vacation right now and have more time than usual to post. :) Hang in there. Will return to work on Monday.

This is another one of our recent projects. A sister-in-law had twins - a boy and a girl, a year ago. Family celebrated their first birthday on Sunday.

Hubby did some serious assisting on this project. I scrolled all the body parts, made the mane, tail, ears, and sanded more than I wanted to. Hubby assembled all the parts, routered the groove for the mane, recessed & plugged the screws, and did as much sanding as I could talk him into. :D Wood used was poplar. Finish was clear polyurethane.

Here are the finished products.

SQ

post-1522-0-11903500-1289957964_thumb.jp

Sorry guys, but I'm on vacation right now and have more time than usual to post. :) Hang in there. Will return to work on Monday.

This is another one of our recent projects. A sister in-law had twins - a boy and a girl, a year ago. Family celebrated their first birthday on Sunday.

Hubby did some serious assisting on this project. I scrolled all the body parts, made the mane, tail, ears, and sanded more than I wanted to. Hubby assembled all the parts, routered the groove for the mane, recessed & plugged the screws, and did as much sanding as I could talk him into. :D Wood used was poplar. Finish was clear polyurethane.

Here are the finished products.

SQ

D'yer reckon the ribbons will stop em from swapping?

D'yer reckon the ribbons will stop em from swapping?

LOL. This is rocking horse #3 and #4 we have made. Rocking horses #1 and #2 went to little girls in the family and believe it or not the ribbons are still on those rocking horses several years later. My best guess is that on these rocking horses the pink ribbons will still be there in two years and the blue ribbons will be long gone. lol

As for sharing, I think whoever get's to the closest rocking horse first will rule that horse until pushed off by the other. lol

SQ

LOL. This is rocking horse #3 and #4 we have made. Rocking horses #1 and #2 went to little girls in the family and believe it or not the ribbons are still on those rocking horses several years later. My best guess is that on these rocking horses the pink ribbons will still be there in two years and the blue ribbons will be long gone. lol

As for sharing, I think whoever get's to the closest rocking horse first will rule that horse until pushed off by the other. lol

SQ

Great to know your sister-in-law has real kids and not nanny society whimps. Better tell the boy though, his sister will whupp him in a year or two. I know, I've a real mean twin sister! But, I still love her despite the left hooks!

Pete

Great to know your sister-in-law has real kids and not nanny society whimps. Better tell the boy though, his sister will whupp him in a year or two. I know, I've a real mean twin sister! But, I still love her despite the left hooks!

Pete

Seems learning to share comes with it's sibling inflicted bumps and bruises. :D

SQ