Looking for a smaller sander....

susieq4131

I have a Black & Decker mouse sander that I use for the edges of bowls, etc. My problem is that it is really too wide to use comfortably. It doesn't fit my hand well. I can't seem to find a smaller one.

If there are any companies out there listening, why not a line of tools for your smaller customers? Perhaps with pink handles? :D I seriously believe these would be hot items under the tree.

Any solutions to this problem would be appreciated.

SQ

These might be too small, but there are several temptations in this list from Micro-Mark. They sell a lot of tools for modelers. A fun catalog, for sure. Also, long ago I had a B&D "5 in 1" sander and you could remove most of the pad leaving a small diamond at the tip. IIRC, there was another B&D sander that was just the small diamond pad.

These might be too small, but there are several temptations in this list from Micro-Mark. They sell a lot of tools for modelers. A fun catalog, for sure. Also, long ago I had a B&D "5 in 1" sander and you could remove most of the pad leaving a small diamond at the tip. IIRC, there was another B&D sander that was just the small diamond pad.

Thanks for the link. That company has some interesting products. Thinking those sanders are a bit smaller than I am seeking. B & K makes a mini mouse, but I can't seem to find the dimensions for it. The search goes on....

SQ

Would this work contour sander ? My wife bought one for me a number of years ago, it does come with a mouse shaped pad that I think would be what you are looking for. Just a thought, keep us posted. As for the pink, I hope the major tool makers don't totally switch over to it but my little girl would love a pink sander and I would like to find a pair of saftey glasses with pink frames for her as well! :D

Nate

Would this work contour sander ? My wife bought one for me a number of years ago, it does come with a mouse shaped pad that I think would be what you are looking for. Just a thought, keep us posted. As for the pink, I hope the major tool makers don't totally switch over to it but my little girl would love a pink sander and I would like to find a pair of saftey glasses with pink frames for her as well! :D

Nate

Thanks for the info on that sander. A sander is such a personal a thing. Finding the perfect sander is harder than finding the perfect mate. :D

OM Gosh take a look at this site! Pink overalls, ear protectors, eye protectors, hammers, etc. lol I love it!

http://www.charmandhammer.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=SFNT

SQ

A long time ago, in a forum far away...

We were talking about how not to lose tools on a job site, and many people said that they painted their tools so they could tell which were theirs. The woman who painted her tools pink claimed that no one EVER walked off with them!

You gotta respect the Power of Pink!

They have the pink saftey glasses,I am going to hhve to call them soon and see how small they actually are. I have a pair that fit her great but the pink would just be so cute especially in pictures. Thanks for the link.

Nate

My pleasure. Hope they are small enough. Pink is a difficult color to find. Good luck.

SQ

A long time ago, in a forum far away...

We were talking about how not to lose tools on a job site, and many people said that they painted their tools so they could tell which were theirs. The woman who painted her tools pink claimed that no one EVER walked off with them!

You gotta respect the Power of Pink!

I love it! What a great idea! I'm going to have to get me some pink paint! :D

Thanks for the info on that sander. A sander is such a personal a thing. Finding the perfect sander is harder than finding the perfect mate. :D

OM Gosh take a look at this site! Pink overalls, ear protectors, eye protectors, hammers, etc. lol I love it!

http://www.charmandhammer.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=SFNT

SQ

Oh GAWD! I can't believe I actually clicked on that link. :blink:

Check this.

Then check this.

Not pink but a can of spray paint will get'er done.

Pink works as a tool ID very well. My wife painted my tile working tools pink, including the extension cords, and we never had a problem losing any of them. Check the local model airplane shops for small sanders, saws and the like.

Pink works as a tool ID very well. My wife painted my tile working tools pink, including the extension cords, and we ever had a problem losing any of them. Check the local model airplane shops for small sanders, saws and the like.

LOL Painting them pink is a great idea. Thanks for the tip about airplane shops for smaller tools. Will look into it.

SQ