American woodworker mag

jimmykx250

It really depends on where you are in your journey, I would compare it to being above Wood mag but below PWW. Can you get your hands on an issue to see if you like it before subscribing or isn't it in your area? I look through the mag and read the opps section in the store when I see it and every once in a while I do buy one (the oop's section is stories about mistakes woodworkers. Just my opinion here but here is the way I list the ones I can think of from beginers to Workbench, Woodworkers Journal, Wood mag., Woodsmith, Shopnotes, American Woodworker, Popular Woodworking, Finewoodworking. Sorry I can't help more but it really depends on how much knowledge about the craft as to which mags you will like. Once again just my opinion here.

Nate

I'll second some of Nate's comments. In the past I have held subscriptions to American Woodworker, Wood, Popular Woodworking, and Fine Woodworking. AWW and Wood were good info when I was starting out, but after 2-3 years I started noticing a lot of repeated content. Seems like the tool review roundups come around on a regular schedule. I still glance through them from time to time, but I am down to Pop WW and FWW these days, since they offer new content and more advanced skills.

I still am not all that advanced in my skills, but I am at the point where I am tired of reading about the easy stuff. Ha!