Your Router Table Dimensions-

mzingali

Hey All,

Was wondering for those of you routing away with either homemade tables or store bought...what dimensions are your router tables and now that you've been using it, would you change anything? WxLxH? I'm a 5'11" noob here and plan on getting one of the Incra router table tops but I'm not sure on which size to get or height to make the stand.

TIA

Mike

Splinter,

I have both tables. One I made that is an extension on my table saw and a Rockler router table. I prefer the one on my table saw. I don't use the Rockler.

I am 5' 11" and my table height is 36". That is good for me. The table is 27" wide. The only thing that I would change is how far back the bit is located from the edge of the table. Currently it is about 13" and I would move to about 9".

I built mine a number of years ago and have been very pleased, wouldn't change anything. I am 6' and built mine 38"tall, 44" wide, and about 40" deep because I have a 24" incra ultra jig. This is my third router table I have built and have it just the way I want, it is somewhat a take off of Norm's. Good luck, no matter what you do it will become one of the most used tools in your shop.

Nate

Not sure how tall my table is usually set. It's mdf and plywood glued and screwed together that I have set up on some saw horses. Not pretty. Not great for dust collection..but, very functional at 2 1/2' buy about 4 feet. In the future, I plan on setting it up in my outfeed/assembly table. It will be on a corner and approximately the same from one edge and at least twice that from the other. A nice big surface is quite nice for pattern routing.

I made one way early on and it's 2'x4' wayyy too big. I made it out of borg plywood which has started to warp despite the reinforcement that I added to the underside.

My next one will be made from a standard sized cupboard door that has melamine on both sides. I also plan on attaching it to the shop wall so that I can fold it up or down when not in use (Yes honey, I promise not to just leave it down with stuff stacked on it :D ).