Ridgid 6 1/8" Jointer Adjustability?

Nick2cd

I was just about to order a straight edge from Lee Valley to set up my jointer with feeler gauges when i stopped to ask myself this question......"is my jointer adjustable?" I have the Ridgid 6 1/8" jointer and i can't find in the manual where you can adjust the tables for level. you can of course raise and lower the outfeed table in relation to the blades, but im gonna need more adjustability than this. Marc's powermatic has 4 cam bolts that he can turn to adjust his infeed table at all four corners. Anyone know if there is a similar adjustment with the ridgid?

• 1 month later...

Thanks, Alan. I'm in the same boat as Nick. Are you talking about putting shims into the dovetail ways? I Googled and found a post on www.ncwoodworker.net that recommended putting brass shims in the dovetail way of the outfeed table. I guess putting it in the outfeed dovetail way is better because the outfeed table doesn't normally move. I'm also going to contact Ridgid tech support and see what they recommend.

Ridgid hasn't gotten back to me. My infeed table was only 1 thousandth of an inch off from side to side (ie, from the fence side to the front side), and had 12 thousandths of an inch sag from the cutter head to the end. That's 3/256". I decided to leave it be, replace and tune the blades, and see if the result was acceptable.

I'm going to post a detailed step by step with all my mistakes in this thread when I finish. Hopefully in a a couple days, if not over the weekend. Hopefully.

Ridgid just replied to my question asking if I should adjust the tables to be coplanar by adding shims. I sounds like it would be a good idea to have this adjustment done by them when the jointer is almost three years old.

No, we recommend having the tables checked and the problem properly corrected by your nearest authorized service dealer.

Warranty coverage/service and repairs for your Ridgid power tools can be obtained by determining your closest authorized Ridgid service dealer from the dealer locator at the URL link below for service and repairs.

Please have your LSA/customer number, or your purchase receipt available when dealing with an authorized warranty service dealer on warranty coverage and related matters. The tools serial number can be used by a service dealer to provide coverage under the standard 3-year warranty coverage, if an LSA number or purchase receipt can not be provided.

Contact your nearest service dealer to arrange for the warranty service, and to insure that you provide them with everything necessary to properly assist you under warranty guidelines.

http://www.ridgid.co...vices/index.htm

If I recall correctly, the Ridgid site will let me register for the lifetime warranty with the original receipt and UCB code from the original carton. So, only the first owner gets the lifetime warranty. A t least, that was my impression. I guess you could register each tool with a different login and password, and if you sold it give the new owner the login and password for the warranty.