When your Dado starts smoking..

Brendon_t

I can't say I've ever put a blade in upside down or backwards, but I did witness my ex-BIL put a wobble dado in a radial arm saw backwards, then proceed to tell me what a great carpenter he was, I just smiled at all the smoke and ruined oak plywood.

wobble dado and radial arm saw in the same sentence...I'm standing back ready to call 911

• Like 1

Don't let Tom get you down, Brendan...he built his Roubo upside-down and backwards...he hasn't noticed yet.

Haven't done the backwards blade yet, but I did put my arbor washer on the wrong way once with a dado stack.  That doesn't work either.

The backwards bandsaw blade I don't really get...at least not cutting with it...because like Trip said, either you're not setting your guides or you're completely brain-dead.

I haven't set the blades in backwards but, I have had the shims slip down into the threads on the arbor and thought I had it snugged down good. Everything was OK until I shut the saw off. Free wheeling blades and chippers spinning. I didn't know whether to shoot or go blind. Chunks of carbide flying all over the place.I have mag sims and new dado set now.