Bandsaw tracking issue? What am I doing wrong?

Nick2cd

I recently switched over to a 3/16 inch highland woodworking skip tooth bandsaw Blade.  The cut quality is great,  and just like the wood slice or series, it cuts like butter.  However, I am having major issues keeping the blade in one place on the tire.   I am constantly chasing it with the tracking adjustment.   I will get it perfect and then all of a sudden it is riding on thrust bearing  or is completely  forward of my cool blocks.   is this a blade or saw issue?   This did not happen with my 1/2 inch wood slicer.....Or any other blade for that matter.  

Like others have said. Lots of possibilities.

you have gone from 1/2" to a smaller blade. Did you release the tension every time you used it? If not, tires may form a slight indention over time. 

I dont think overtightening is your issue...

if you haven't bumped or banged it, it has to be your tires.

if you sense that's the case, there are videos out there that show you how to sand them smooth.

Might it be the blade?  When you run the saw without cutting anything do you notice any odd behavior?  Blade wobbling back and forth, etc?   I say this because I had problems with a timberwolf blade, switched it to another (albeit different size) and things were fine again.   A bad weld or bend somewhere might cause it to wander.  

Watch this video and see if it helps. 

I've watched this video before, but I watched it again in hopes of seeing something I hadn't thought of. No such luck. I feel like I'm setting everything up correctly

Like others have said. Lots of possibilities.

you have gone from 1/2" to a smaller blade. Did you release the tension every time you used it? If not, tires may form a slight indention over time. 

I dont think overtightening is your issue...

if you haven't bumped or banged it, it has to be your tires.

if you sense that's the case, there are videos out there that show you how to sand them smooth.

always release the tension

Might it be the blade?  When you run the saw without cutting anything do you notice any odd behavior?  Blade wobbling back and forth, etc?   I say this because I had problems with a timberwolf blade, switched it to another (albeit different size) and things were fine again.   A bad weld or bend somewhere might cause it to wander.  

I think a blade change is in order. If the problems go away, I can blame the blade. If not.....square one