Asking for Trouble...advice

David Brown

4 hours ago, David Brown said:
8 hours ago, Pwk5017 said:
Please post your location

I am actually in upper middle Tennessee..about equidistant from Chattanooga, Nashville and Knoxville.  All are about 2 hours away

David, sounds like you are within spittin' distance of RichardA! There's a character worth hanging out with some time! ?

I'm going to follow along with some others. I picked up a Ridgid R4512 from Home Depot. With just starting out some of the projects I had planned this would get me going. I didn't pick up a cheap cabinet saw for two main reasons, the first being budget. Secondly, I know I will upgrade down the road and I figure it will be a lot easier to unload this saw than some of the mid-range cabinet saws.

Do think about your $1,000 budget too. Does that include an aftermarket miter gauge, zero clearance inserts, new saw blade, dado stack, crosscut sled? Between all of those getting the Ridgid set up and working you may be near $1,000 and when you have those things all put together the little entry level saw is a pretty well performing machine.

• Like 1

On 1/21/2016 at 8:43 PM, wtnhighlander said:

sounds like you are within spittin' distance of RichardA! There's a character worth hanging out with some time! ?

Actually drove down and met with him a few weekends ago.  Gave me some good pointers, some sound advice and a mallet to work with.  Can't do better than that.

• Like 1