Cherry Table

Coop

It looks good, Coop.  Your dimensions are way better than that other blocky thing you were building from, although I do agree with Steve about shrinking the apron.  Ultimately a drawer would have been best there IMO.  The sapwood is a judgment call and totally personal taste so I won't comment.

But the execution is perfect and the finish looks great.  Well done, mang!

• Like 2

I like it.  I'm a fan of sapwood, when it's done right, which is hard to do, but I think you pulled it off.  I agree with others about the apron.  The size makes me think there should be a drawer.  It's just a minor nitpick though.  Overall, I think the piece looks great!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I think tapering the legs and getting it to look right is difficult. You have pulled it off well Ken with great execution.

I would have put a drawer in myself but that said I think the aprons look ok. The symmetrical sap wood looks interesting and I'm not sure if I would have removed it. An alternative would have been to make a theme of the sap wood and had it in the lower shelf too (I know that is difficult if you don't have another similar piece of cherry with sapwood in it).

Overall I like the table and it must be all the more satisfying for you having cut the tree down, air dried it and then produced the finished result.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...