Baby crib

Gixxerjoe04

9 hours ago, Gixxerjoe04 said:

... It's going to be out of cherry, only because I don't have enough maple to incorporate it into the build and it not look dumb. .... I drilled 1/2" holes in the legs, where it'd be in the middle of the domino.  Going to pull the crib together with clamps, drill through the domino and peg it with a 1/2" aluminum dowel.  I'm hoping when I let the clamps off, it'll pull a little to keep them in there snug.

You say you have to make it out of cherry like that's a bad thing? The sticks you got for the crib look pretty good.

Did you glue the other side of the domino in? This seems like a really good idea, probably could have used the draw bore idea and might not have needed the clamps. Progress is moving along fast and looks great.

1 hour ago, wtnhighlander said:

I sympathize with your lighting situation. Mine stinks too.

Cool idea about pegging the dominos, it should look really nice.

Well can't take credit for that idea, borrowed the idea from Cremona, but I used aluminum instead of brass because it was easier to get.

8 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

You say you have to make it out of cherry like that's a bad thing? The sticks you got for the crib look pretty good.

Did you glue the other side of the domino in? This seems like a really good idea, probably could have used the draw bore idea and might not have needed the clamps. Progress is moving along fast and looks great.

Well i wanted them to kind of match, but doesn't matter, gotta go pick up some cherry plywood for the shelves bottom for the changing pad so i don't have to worry about making 3 panels, will be easier and quicker but will just cost a little bit more.  The dominos are glued into the long slats.  I thought about trying to draw bore it together, but the dominos are a real snug fit and figured doing it the original way would be easier than putting it together to mark it then take it apart.  Plus I've never done the draw bore, afraid of screwing something up.