Sketchup Mobile Viewer

Tom Crawford

[Slightly off topic but mostly related]

I design all of my projects in SketchUp but don't have a computer in the shop with me. Is this strictly a "viewer"? Or does it allow for things like measuring parts? I can't even begin to count the number of times I forgot to call out a measurement for a part when I exported the JPG and having to drive home, fire up the computer, get the measurement, and drive back. A $10 app would be much cheaper than buying another computer if it allows for measuring/interacting with the models.

-E

Found a moment to test dimension.   Yes there is a dimension tool - since this product is a viewer it does not save what you measure but just displays the dimension in a window bottom right.  The problem I did have was Fat Finger - trying to get the start/stop points on the correct place. It does seem to find the end of a component but took me a couple tries.  I should point out that I have poor fine motor coordination and have developed some palsy in my hands as I age.

• Like 1