Norm is no more

Well it finally happened. The New Yankee Workshop is no longer on the DC PBS station WETA. I know he hasn't made any new ones in a while, but they were re-running the old episodes. Luckily they replaced his time slot with The Woodwright shop. Good ole' St. Roy. Churning out shows for 30 years. The also started running Rough Cut with Tommy Mac regularly.

Jonathan

===========================

If you want to see the show it is still on the web here. It is a bummer since it marks the end of a great era for TV but it is nice that you now can watch it anytime you want, I usually watch it when I can't sleep (nothing as great as falling asleep to sounds of the table saw!) New episodes are normally posted on Thursday or Fridays.

Nate

You're lucky. In San Diego, the local PBS station never had Norm on a regular basis but at least some of the shows were broadcast. Now that it is gone, they carry NO woodworking shows and are unlikely to.

I think they position themselves as too hoity-toity -- "What! -- me touch a commoner's tools!! -- that's for the hired help"

Which is why I would not contribute one cent to their cause.

We still have Norm on here, but it's sporadic. We also have Rough Cut on Sunday's at 5, but it's seem to be on a couple Sunday's, then off a couple. I don't know why they can't just make a schedule and stick with it. We do get Norm and Woodsmith shop on PBS Create. Both are regularly scheduled on Tuesdays and Thursdays. If you get that channel, then you may be in luck.

Thank Whomever for Satillite tv. We get a good cross section of PBS woodworking shows, Norm, Roy, etal. However, most are repeats, and are not on at times that are convienent for me. My biggest problem with the local PBS is that has mostly English Parlor shows, which I detest but Management enjoys. I hate Mrs. Bucket. And they are always whining about the cost of the shows. I think the easiest way to get the real information I need is from members of the woodworkers club and the people involved in woodworking in the local area. I do enjoy the tv shows, but get a lot more insite from the guys here in the area.