Drills Are Like Clamps

..Kev

11 minutes ago, pkinneb said:

wow i don't even get in the race on this one with three...but start talking routers and I'm all over it LOL 

I only had three but, wanted the driver.  I had found a sale where the drill was only like another 20 bucks when combined with the driver so, now I have the extra drill as well.

• Like 2

On 11/29/2016 at 9:16 PM, Eric. said:

Yeah I dunno...I have one of each and I do fine. :unsure:

That's where I'm at, and unless I'm gifted one in some fashion, I really don't plan on getting another.  Hell, I even had to have the conversation with the girlfriend about "why did you buy two drills, you only need one?"

3 minutes ago, Marmotjr said:

That's where I'm at, and unless I'm gifted one in some fashion, I really don't plan on getting another.  Hell, I even had to have the conversation with the girlfriend about "why did you buy two drills, you only need one?"

Once you have a couple set up so you don't have to constantly change bit, you'll understand.  5 is an overkill for sure but, I was real happy with 3 for a long time.

On 11/29/2016 at 10:02 PM, TIODS said:

It's 2.5 seconds you're spending that I'm not.  

If your brain works like mine you spend 2.5 minutes looking for the other drill (headscratch.gif) instead of 2.5 seconds on the bit.

My first cordless was an 18v Makita drill and driver. Real good for heavy work. When I started installing cabinets I quickly saw the advantage of lighter 12v tools for light work. Now I have a 12v Dewalt drill and driver also.

Definitely!  I have just found something more annoying than not having enough drills and that is only having one battery for the two drills.   When I run both drills, I usually have both of my batteries, but the girlfriend was over using the jigsaw, so I only had one battery.   EVERY time I went to grab the other drill I forgot the battery and dry fired it.    Time to add a few batteries to the Xmas list.