General Finishes High Performance

Renzo

Hey Renzo, I think that you should be just fine making a wiping oil/varnish blend with that. I recently made a blend like that for a project and was really happy with the results. I will use that finish again. I used a Minwax variety for my blend. I like the finish because it kind of gives the wood the feel and look of the oil finish with some of the protection of a varnish finish. Good luck and make sure to post some pics of this project..

As always, thanks Sac :)

Hey Renzo, I think that you should be just fine making a wiping oil/varnish blend with that. I recently made a blend like that for a project and was really happy with the results. I will use that finish again. I used a Minwax variety for my blend. I like the finish because it kind of gives the wood the feel and look of the oil finish with some of the protection of a varnish finish. Good luck and make sure to post some pics of this project..

Pretty much any regular non wiping polyurethane would be OK. Minwax or Varathane are the two that I usually use. I know that you can get a lot of the General Finishes stuff at Woodcraft. Can they ship that kind of stuff to Canada? But it hardly seems worth it to have poly that you are going to mix shipped. I would check you local big box store. They should have something that will work fine.

Unfortunately I don't think you can ship those sorts of things over the border.

I'll check HD or Lowes i'm sure they'll have something that will suffice.

Pretty much any regular non wiping polyurethane would be OK. Minwax or Varathane are the two that I usually use. I know that you can get a lot of the General Finishes stuff at Woodcraft. Can they ship that kind of stuff to Canada? But it hardly seems worth it to have poly that you are going to mix shipped. I would check you local big box store. They should have something that will work fine.