Another insulation question

Art

I know there are already several threads dealing with insulation a garage, but I couldn't find an answer to my specific issue.  I have a standalone 2 car garage that already has drywall inside, but isn't insulated.   This is pretty common here, as our winters are quite mild, and most people use their garages for cars (strange...).  The garage door is insulated though.  There is no insulation in the attic space, but this is pretty easy for me to access and lay down some fibreglass insulation, but my question has to do with the walls.  Is there an easy way to insulate them, short of taking down the drywall?  Can you cut holes in the top and blow down some insulation?

I appreciate any help...

Art

You can unzip the vinyl and never have holes show. They bring plugs with them that install in the hole they drill...behind the siding. If they drill the drywall, you have plugs show or a lot of holes to patch. 

Here is a short and dirty. (Don't flex the siding like he does on the left of the loose panel.) Siding was my world for awhile. I would pull cedar or fiber cement courses, even aluminum if needed just to have them drill where I don't need to worry about a patch showing. It is worth the money to have a siding contractor do it for you if you are gun shy. There is an art to some of those siding styles. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Bankstick said:

If they flex the siding when it is cold, it will break.  Put vinyl siding on my BIL's garage several years ago.  Had to quit a few times when it got real cold.

Even when it is warm, the panel and channel will deform each other in that spot. You are certainly correct that a little warmth is needed for some operations.