$650-ish Shopping Spree

Seth Clayton

Id definitely skip the mft. If youre working with sheetgoods alot a tracksaw and saw horses will help alot. I ended up with the festool but the respectable makita and a good square can be had under your budget. And if youre going to be remodeling... skilsaw, framing nailer, cordless impact, etc comes to mind. Basically anything but an mft or jointer.

The knee-jerk "you need a jointer now!" replies are comical on this forum. Unless youre building fine furniture all the time, you don't! During a remodel or casework projects a jointer will be something you lean stuff against at best.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I pulled the trigger on the ts55. I really like the idea of how Festool's stuff works together in the shop, and I need all the help I can get for things to cooperate! I'll add a jointer down the road, but I haven't NEEDED one yet! I'm pretty sure my next big purchase will be a big boy table saw. I'll be saving for a while! Next smallish purchase will be a good square. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I THOUGHT I had pulled the trigger on the TS55. Tried to order from ToolNut, and I was able to place the order, but they cancelled it today. ToolNut says they detected possible fraudulent activity with the order. They that was their own system that flagged it, and it did not come from the credit card company. Anyone ever had that happen? I buy a TON online, and have never had the vendor cancel an order like that. I think I'll reorder from somewhere else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk