My next project..

Sac

So here are a few designs that I working with for my next project. This will be a media cabinet to store things like a bluray player, satellite box, Xbox, Nintendo, etc.. The TV is hanging up on the wall and all the cables are run through the wall.It will be offset to the side of the TV, next to a fireplace. Free standing and nothing that it needs to relate proportion to. I am thinking of making it out of Red Oak and the lighter material is QS Birch veneer. I am open to any critique and idea that any one has. Also let me know which one that you like best. Thanks for all the help..

post-68-0-91786700-1294764948_thumb.jpg post-68-0-81818500-1294764962_thumb.jpg post-68-0-34278900-1294764971_thumb.jpg post-68-0-31357400-1294764982_thumb.jpg post-68-0-40506200-1294764989_thumb.jpg post-68-0-29869900-1294764997_thumb.jpg post-68-0-25795100-1294771018_thumb.jpg post-68-0-49284300-1294773680_thumb.jpg

p.s. If you like it, feel free to build it. I will post the SU file in the library eventually..

you got a photo of where the piece will eventually go? is there a particular decor you're trying to achieve? with lighter accent panels, i'm more of a fan of browns vs. reds. but taste is subjective. i like walnut/cherry, teak/magohany, teak/wenge or cocobolo, which is great since my wife would never go for any type of maple and a dark wood speecies, lol!

I kind of like the one door look, but only if you are going to be "Showing Off" the stuff inside. If you really do not care about people looking at your High Tech Gadgetry, then the two doors that Rob suggested will work well. I personally would not use Red Oak in it's natural color in my den. I am however, going to use Red Oak to make my Wall Hanging Cabinet Guild Build, but I will stain it dark. Anytime that I use contrasting colors, I always use Black Walnut/Maple or White Walnut; Cherry/Maple or White Walnut. Like Tom said, I am not really fond of the Reds.

I love the design, and I would like to see the drawings.

Also, I really like the dividers in the one piece door. It adds a splash of modern elegance.

Jeff

Thanks for the replies. Thw wife has told me that she is not real fond of the look of the birch veneer that I hvae, so we will have to see what i come up with as I go. She did say that she would like the look of like a dark brown frame with a lt. brown panel. I will have to see what I come up with. I think that I am going to be using a water based dye stain or something to that effect to change the colors a little bit. I will be using Red Oak for the frame material mostly because I have a lot of it.

The doors, I will have to look at. I am thinking that I will draw it up with the two doors and see how it looks.. I was trying to avoid haveing too much in the way of the glass, because I don't want to end up covering sensors. That would really piss me off. But it is worth it to at least see how it looks.

Thanks again for the comments. I will make sure to let you know how the process is going..