Router Table Fence With Micro Adjuster Recommendation

Immortan D

I currently use an Incra Super System on my router table but since I have to set it up each time I want to use it, it's becoming a  PITA, especially considering I don't use it for joinery.

So I'm looking for recommendations on a more basic and straightforward solution, a fence that can be easily deployed on my existing router table, although I know some initial setup will be required.

A micro adjuster is a must, I can't live without one on my router table.

I know I can just get a micro adjuster and make my own fence out of MDF, but I'm not in the mood to do that.

Thanks!

Check out the Woodpeckers fence and micro adjust. I just finished putting mine together and it is really excellent quality. My micro adjust just arrived so I haven’t installed it yet, and I need to build a cabinet for the whole thing still.  Therefore, I’ll refrain from commenting on the operation of the micro adjust. I will say, if the quality and operation are anything like the rest of the fence then Incra will have some stiff competition from a traditional style fence. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fastev said:

Check out the Woodpeckers fence and micro adjust. I just finished putting mine together and it is really excellent quality. My micro adjust just arrived so I haven’t installed it yet, and I need to build a cabinet for the whole thing still.  Therefore, I’ll refrain from commenting on the operation of the micro adjust. I will say, it the quality and operation are anything like the rest of the fence then Incra will have some stiff competition from a traditional style fence. 

Thanks. That certainly is a possibility and Woodpeckers makes nice products.

The Micro adjust looks very similar to the rule stop 2 I already have LOL:

main_micro-adjust.jpg.3d504e764a37df4e9cc70b270c503fcb.jpgmain_rule_stop-2.jpg.363fb26a78c34f8e2f4b8309d27e7073.jpg

Wow I didn't realize Woodpeck was making tables and fences now.  That looks like a killer setup.  I do think the indexing ability on the Incra makes it functionally superior to the Woodpecker, but I bet the WP is a better made fence in general.  If I were starting from scratch today I'd have a tough decision to make.  I didn't do the math but they seem to be in the same price ballpark...expensive.

3 minutes ago, Eric. said:

Wow I didn't realize Woodpeck was making tables and fences now.  That looks like a killer setup.  I do think the indexing ability on the Incra makes it functionally superior to the Woodpecker, but I bet the WP is a better made fence in general.  If I were starting from scratch today I'd have a tough decision to make.  I didn't do the math but they seem to be in the same price ballpark...expensive.

The indexing ability is great but to be honest I seldom use it. I think I used the templates only a couple of times during the last 2 years.

Just now, Immortan D said:

The indexing ability is great but to be honest I seldom use it. I think I used the templates only a couple of times during the last 2 years.

Yeah I don't use the templates anymore because I no longer do dovetails with it.  But I used the micro-adjust indexing just yesterday.  You can move the fence around to perform another procedure then return exactly back to where you were - to the thousandth - without having to set your cut up again.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eric. said:

Yeah I don't use the templates anymore because I no longer do dovetails with it.  But I used the micro-adjust indexing just yesterday.  You can move the fence around to perform another procedure then return exactly back to where you were - to the thousandth - without having to set your cut up again.

You have a solid point there... I usually count clicks on the micro adjuster, I won't have that capability with the Woodpeckers.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Eric. said:

...  I didn't do the math but they seem to be in the same price ballpark...expensive.

Ugh...  yes, yes. It was a tough decision, but I’m happy with my choice. The phenolic table is sooo nice compared to the old mdf and laminate top on my previous home brew setup.  Any typical Woodpecker quality for the rest of it. The lift is simply amazing to look at and adjust— hope the functionality is as pretty...