Woodpeckers doghole template jig

bushwacked

I like it. If, and this is a big IF. If it's on level with cnc, then it's worth it. I paid $87 I think to get a 3' x 6' top cnc'd. I gotta be super careful not to cut into it or jack it up because I don't want to pay it again - nor do I want to build the torsion box again anytime soon with the trim. If I had a reliable way of doing a new top whenever  wanted maybe I would change how I approach things. 

On the other hand, I'm literally missing only the two edge stops (I think $75 each) to complete the LR32 set, and apparently it's pretty easy to do with that. 

4 minutes ago, Cliff said:

I like it. If, and this is a big IF. If it's on level with cnc, then it's worth it.

This is relative to the CNC and operator. As a manufacturing engineer in a tech company, we hold extremely tight tolerances on parts that our machinist nails every time. When same parts are released to vendors, they suck! Different machines and sub-par skill level play a huge part. Our machinist would touch anything for $100/hour. 

I would love to see Festools drawings for the MFT tops to see what kind of tolerances they call out. I do not have an MFT and have no bad things to say. I do believe that with a properly tuned tablesaw and precisely designed jig, the table can be emulated.