The Super Uber Pattern Bit Dilemma

dlamulle

I might just be a tad goofy here but I ordered the 130.00 pattern bit Marc uses to such great success from William Ng and it finally came in the mail today. I was kinda expecting the bit to have the appropriate bearing included in that price. Has anyone else ordered this bit and received a bearing with it or am I just being foolish and expecting it to have one since it is called a pattern bit not just a bit? Did anyone receive a bit and two bearings and maybe I could share? If I have to acquire a said bearing on my own how might I attach it, epoxy or JB weld? Now, I must say it is an awesome sight for sure and if I can't find a bearing I can put it in my router table this summer and use it as a fan to cool the shop. It looks like it would work better than my box fan from Walmart. Any insight would be appreciated.

Dave

A pattern bit with no bearing is called a defective pattern bit. :) I would absolutely call William so he can remedy it. And I wouldn't recommend cobbling something together on this one. Give him a call.

Thanks Marc, I figured that was the case but I didn't want to call and him say "oh, you wanted the bearing with that?" It's like ordering BBQ and not getting the sauce.

Dave