Country Homemade Closet/wardrobe

icpwolverine

i have one very similar to that, that my dad made for my mom for a place they had out in the country. After their passing, we sold the place and it’s the only thing I kept. We still use it to this day. I see you’re a new member and if I haven’t welcomed you already, glad to have you amongst us! 

On my way home from a long week of trucking to continue building on this closet. Gotta make the drawers. Will probably go with finger joints. I would do the dovetails but don't have the dovetail guide jig. And I'm not experienced enuf with hand tools to cut them out. So I figure next best thing is finger joints. 

The doors will be made out of the maple plywood and trimmed along the edges with 1/4" thick red oak to match the sides of the closet. 

Im also going to add in the middle where the doors close together, thin strips of red oak glued and bent to shape a heart. At least I hope. Never attempted wood bending but seen a few vids on it. Hopefully I can pull it off. 

• 2 weeks later...