Precision Triangles

ben_r_

LINK

main_precisiontriangles.jpg

I had this set for a bit, but ended up selling it after I got the 6" Carpenters Square (LINK). I liked them for checking square on things, but really didnt like that there was no lip on side to reference the edge of a work piece for actually marking a 90 or 45 degree line. To me that limited these two to just checking square and the occasional height measurement. I wish they sold these separately too. I really didnt feel the need to own both.

Curious what others who own them think.

I got a set of those triangles. I also wish they had a lip to use them like a Speed square. Squaring the tablesaw blade, bandsaw, mitersaw etc. is my primary use. But they are also handy for checking the inside squareness on things that are too narrow for a larger try square. So not as useful as I might have thought but having many layout tools in my arsenal pays off in the long run.

1 minute ago, wdwerker said:

I got a set of those triangles. I also wish they had a lip to use them like a Speed square. Squaring the tablesaw blade, bandsaw, mitersaw etc. is my primary use. But they are also handy for checking the inside squareness on things that are too narrow for a larger try square. So not as useful as I might have thought but having many layout tools in my arsenal pays off in the long run.

Boy aint that the truth. Nothing like having the right tool for the job even if it is a one trick pony!