Need adivise

Mqutkingdom

make your own?!?

I dunno, just sayin.

you have to remember that those prices need to be put in the right perspective. how much time would the jig save a production house? how much is that time worth? usually when you get those numbers together, the jigs become much less "expensive" (perspective wise)

Well I really like dowels it's the first jointery system I learned and they hold up great I haven't had a chance to do much doweling recently iv been working with sheet goods and I don't like putting dowels in plywood it just doesn't seem right to me but anyway I will save up for one unless I find something better.

MQUTKINGDOM, JUST TO LET YOU KNOW. ALTHOUGH THEY NEVER PROMOTE THIS IDEA, BE AWARE THAT THE DOWELMAX MAKES MEASURED, PRECISELY PLACED, MORTISES AS WELL AS DOWEL JOINTS. I SIMPLY SHIFT THE TOOL AFTER I MAKE MY INITIAL DOWEL HOLES, RE DRILL THE MEAT FROM BTWN THEM. THEN USING THE SQUARE CHISLE FROM MORTISE DRILL I CAN CLEAN THE MORTISE IN ABOUT A HALF MINUTE. I CAN ALSO USE IT TO ADD SQUARE ENDS ON THE HOLE IF I DESIRE. THIS SYSTEM IS REALLY NICE FOR DOING WORK ON LONG BOARD ENDS WHERE ROUTERS ETC. ARE UNSAFE AND DIFFICULT..........I THINK THE PRICE IS THE PRICE ON THIS THING. PERSONALLY I WOULD RATHER USE IT THAN A MORTISLNG PRESS, WHICH WOULD COST AS MUCH AND TAKE UP MUCH MORE SPACE IN MY SMALL SHOP. IT'S ALSO MUCH NICER TO LOOK AT. (DON'T TELL ANYONE BUT I REALLY ENJOY JUST HOLDING IT AND LOOKING AT IT!)........ ALSO THE DOWEL JOINTS ARE REMARKABLY STRONG AND FLAWLESS IF YOU CAN MAKE NICE TRUE CUTS ON YOUR WOOD TO BEGIN WITH.