Langdon-Acme put back to work

Tom King

I don't think I've used this in over 20 years.   I bought it new in 1974, and used it for more than 20 years trimming out houses before someone finally made a power miter saw that I liked.  I volunteered to finish a room for a Lady who lets me keep stuff her Man gave me in a garage that she doesn't use.    Long story short, it needed a little crown molding, and rather than worry about moving a miter saw, I just drug this back out.   It makes a little bit of a mess, but it's all in one small location, which is easy to clean up with a Shop Vac.

langdon-acme.JPG

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Tom King said:

I don't think I've used this in over 20 years.   I bought it new in 1974, and used it for more than 20 years trimming out houses before someone finally made a power miter saw that I liked.  I volunteered to finish a room for a Lady who lets me keep stuff her Man gave me in a garage that she doesn't use.    Long story short, it needed a little crown molding, and rather than worry about moving a miter saw, I just drug this back out.   It makes a little bit of a mess, but it's all in one small location, which is easy to clean up with a Shop Vac.

langdon-acme.JPG

Probably a lot quieter using it as well! I think my DeWalt Miter Saw might be the loudest tool in my shop. 

The rest of that house is finished.  That room was the last one that hadn't been cleaned out of all the hoarding, but recently was.  We finished the sheetrock with no sanding too, so I think we're going to be able to finish the whole room with almost no mess made.  The floor is getting tile.   That subfloor was put down in 1991.

The miter box is really not That much slower than using a powered one.  Sliding the piece under the saw, or taking the saw out, and putting it back are the biggest time differences.

• Like 2