kreg or mag fence

t-bone

I have a Kreg and like it a alot.

I looked at the Mag fence but decided the Kreg was easier to setup for drift and move as needed. The Kreg, you set it up and then you are good until you change the blade. The Magfence doesn't seem to have a way to compensate for drift other then lining it up every time you need to use it which I think could get tedious.

JMHO

-Jim

I have a Kreg and like it a alot.

I looked at the Mag fence but decided the Kreg was easier to setup for drift and move as needed. The Kreg, you set it up and then you are good until you change the blade. The Magfence doesn't seem to have a way to compensate for drift other then lining it up every time you need to use it which I think could get tedious.

JMHO

-Jim

iam new at this stuff, retired and i always wanted to get into woodworking can't think of a better time. thanks for your time. t-bone :D

Hey tbone, I have this fence as well and I have been very pleased as well. It installs very well and is easy to use. I am a big fan of most Kreg stuff. The only thing that I am not terribly fond of is the router fence. With a few feather boards and a little setup you can resaw fairly easy. Have fun..

I have the Kreg fence and love it. The problems I see with the Magfence is there is no way to dial in cut widths and thicknesses and like Jim said in there is no way to set for drift angle. If you are unsure what drift angle is or want moe info watch Marks video here. With my Kreg I simply set the fence to the measurement I want tnen let her rip. I hope you have a blast in your new-found hobby!

Nate

The kreg is cool but I heard you ave to adjust it everytime for the blade drift and its a pain to do. Have you checked into carter products?

Actually you only adjust any bandsaw fence for drift each time you put on a different blade. If you don't use more than one blade (i.e. you just use it for resawing) then you don't need to adjust the fence until that blade becomes dull and you replace it.

As for the drift adjustment of the kreg fence itself, it's really not that hard. Just loosen to 1/2" bolts and set the fence, then tighten. Done in 30 seconds.

No experience with the carter stuff sorry.

the adjustment every time for blade drift was in reference to blade change.

Sorry. I misunderstood. I do that sometimes. ;)

Still any fence will need to be adjusted for drift when the blade is changed. Though some might be easier than others to adjust, the kreg fence is simple and quick enough that I wouldn't really consider it a pain. I guess that could just me me though.