Incra LS TS positioner question

AndyG

Hi all,

Got an opportunity to buy a used 52” Incra LS TS positioner. Where I’m planning to put it I have at least 2600mm or around 102” . The issue is, the right hand side of the saw will be against, or around 200mm/8” from the wall.

Just wondering if anyone with the same system could kindly please measure what the max rip capacity would be if the positioner extended past the rails by 8”? I plan on having the rails installed so they’re as flush with the left side of the saw (Jet Xacta cabinet saw) as possible.

I hope this makes sense.

Regards,

Andy 

The exact number will depend on your setup, but with 8" clearance on the right side you will be loosing around 20" of rip capacity. The Incra positioner TS carriage is 32" and needs to overhang in order to give you maximum rip capacity.

BTW I don't have a TS-LS but a 25" LS system for my router table.

Depending on the version you are looking for about 36" to 37" between the blade and the blade-side of the Base Support Panel.  The range of fence travel is based on the carriage length.  Slide the LS Fence and Carriage all the way into the LS Base.  Position this as far to the right of the blade as your available room will allow.  the distance between the fence and your blade is your maximum rip capacity.  Large rip capacity is not the primary design of this system so do not be put off by a small rip dimension.  Joinery and precise, repeatable patterns are its forte.  

• 2 weeks later...

Forgot to come back and thank you for the replies. I ended up picking up the 52” Incra LS fence and will set it all up this week.

I don’t see myself ripping wide widths with the table saw, in fact I rarely do anything wider than around 20” as I use my track saw. I do however use the fence as a reference for crosscutting legs, aprons etc so hopefully when I get it all setup it’ll allow me just enough capacity for that purpose.

Cheers 

• Like 1