Topics Being Moved

Scooter67

I am curious as who decides where a topics gets placed? I started a topics under one subjected and it ended up under a different one. Some how asking a question on plywood characteristics and fastening was moved to design and planning. My topic really did not deal with design or planning. Just wondering how it gets moved and who decides that it needs moving. Not upset or anything like that just not sure who decides where it should be.

I am curious as who decides where a topics gets placed? I started a topics under one subjected and it ended up under a different one. Some how asking a question on plywood characteristics and fastening was moved to design and planning. My topic really did not deal with design or planning. Just wondering how it gets moved and who decides that it needs moving. Not upset or anything like that just not sure who decides where it should be.

Hey Scooter. We descide where to put the topics based on their content. I moved that topic you are referring to. After reading it again, I think that I should have put it in the Joinery and Construction forum, rather than the Designing and planning forum. We do this to keep things organized so a person can go into a specific forum to try and find an answer to a particular question they might have. This makes it easier for people to navigate and find answers. If it were all crammed into one forum, it would take forever to sort through all the information to find an answer. I hope this helps.

Some topics, like this one, will certainly represent gray areas and there is some room for interpretation. I can think of many topics that would easily fall under both Joinery/Construction as well as Design & Planning. Material choice is definitely one of those areas since it can affect both joinery AND aesthetics. And as you said Sac, this one probably would be better off in the Joinery/Construction room since Scooter is asking about joint strength.

And more specific to your question Scooter, all of the moderators have the authority to move a topic for the sake of organization. I'll be the first to admit that the gray areas might cause us to mess up now and then. I apologize ahead of time for that. I am hoping as the forum matures, there will be less and less of a need for this type of moderation.......

Dont be mad Scooter, I moved your topic to where I think that it is better suited.

Please do not think I am mad. I was just curious because I went there looking for a response and saw I had no views or replies then I noticed the moved flag. Since I am fairly new and do not check this forum out as often as I should I did not know this sort of thing happens. I was just curious about this. No problems!!

Please do not think I am mad. I was just curious because I went there looking for a response and saw I had no views or replies then I noticed the moved flag. Since I am fairly new and do not check this forum out as often as I should I did not know this sort of thing happens. I was just curious about this. No problems!!

He's just giving a hard time, Scooter. You should try out the LiveChat/Stream some time. Sac is in there quite a bit. You'll see this is just his sense of humor. He's a good guy. Has a nice shop, too.