Bloxygen vs. ?

Mark J

Interesting timing on your question Mark. Not duster spray, but I recently tried using freeze spray with with a half empty can of Tung Oil. The stuff is typically used to rapidly chill electronic parts during diagnostic procedures. Anyway, I gave it a good shot & closed the lid tightly. A couple of days later, the can was squished almost flat, like a vacuum pump has been hooked up to it. The gas had almost entirely dissolved into the liquid; when I shake the can there is hardly any splashing sound.  Very interesting, but I hope it hasn't ruined the tung oil.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, drzaius said:

the can was squished almost flat, like a vacuum pump has been hooked up to it. The gas had almost entirely dissolved into the liquid

That's interesting, would have thought the freeze spray would have expanded as it warmned.  Hope you can get the can open again.  

11 hours ago, Mark J said:

That's interesting, would have thought the freeze spray would have expanded as it warmned.  Hope you can get the can open again.  

When held upright, the can sprays liquid, so I held it upside down to just spray the gas. It comes out at close to room temperature. Expansion would have been minimal. A chemist would be able to explain it better I'm sure, but I just assume that the gas has a very strong attraction to the liquids in the tung oil. I have no idea if this is the same stuff that is used in the canned air.