How good is a rattle can finish ?

Mikericks

I finished some cherry with rattle can shellac and it came out great !  Both fast and easy.  Is there a down side other than cost.?  I don’t see a lot of talk/interest about rattle can use. 
what about rattle can lacquer ?  Seems like it would be a good finish solution without a sprayer setup. 
please share your experiences. 

I think in general the aerosol can finishes are good finishes. The main problem with them is cost. I did have a problem with Varathane's water borne polyurethane aerosol can finish. It did not lay down well and almost looked like pellets on the surface. Luckily the store i bought it from took it as a return. The can may have been defective.

23 hours ago, Chestnut said:

I did have a problem with Varathane's water borne polyurethane aerosol can finish. It did not lay down well and almost looked like pellets on the surface. Luckily the store i bought it from took it as a return. The can may have been defective.

I've had the same issue the two times I tried that finish in a rattle can. I think the water based varnish tends to gum up the nozzle.

I think that a lot of the quality you get from a spray can depends on the spray nozzle. Some have a nozzle that produces a nice fan shaped spray and these do a very good job. I have mostly found these on automotive spray paint which, by the way, can be used on wood and give very good results; particularly if you apply a automotive primer first.