Help undoing terrible staining

Donna C

Hello 

we had our deck power washed, sanded and stained. The contractor talked us into a semi transparent stain which is way thicker than we expected. The worse part is that his guys used the same stuff on our teak patio dining table and chairs. 

can you advise as to removing this and restoring a more natural teak stain/look?

https://flic.kr/p/2kTKqau

thank you 

Donna 

Thanks guys. That’s what we thought too. The picture doesn’t capture the yellow/green of the stain - see attached for better one. 
So we never stained it before, just cleaned it annually and loved the natural grey look. Once we scrape and sand it what do you suggest for a seal? Anything? 
Thanks 

image.jpg

Ross, have you ever used the Penofin? I know Drew has recommended it. I bought some “transparent natural tone” this past week for a couple of small patio tables I built. The legs are pecan, the slats are walnut and the rest is butternut. Although I’m not totally disappointed, aside from the walnut, the rest looks like a golden oak color. I do have a piece of teak and can try it on it If OP would like? On a more positive note, I applied it according to directions, flood the surface and wipe clean in 30 minutes and in 12 hours there was no tacky residue. Smooth as glass. I’ll report back in a couple of years on the durability ;).

4B8E8AA4-8110-47F6-9F95-3CA224ECBC26.thumb.jpeg.d106f822f42573d5b5550c8ca73425bc.jpeg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Coop said:

Ross, have you ever used the Penofin? I know Drew has recommended it. I bought some “transparent natural tone” this past week for a couple of small patio tables I built. The legs are pecan, the slats are walnut and the rest is butternut. Although I’m not totally disappointed, aside from the walnut, the rest looks like a golden oak color. I do have a piece of teak and can try it on it If OP would like? On a more positive note, I applied it according to directions, flood the surface and wipe clean in 30 minutes and in 12 hours there was no tacky residue. Smooth as glass. I’ll report back in a couple of years on the durability ;).

They make a wide variety of colors, but a natural oil finish on pecan is going to look like golden oak.

• Like 1