Helical cutter head install

Water and Sky

I'm thinking of putting in a helical cutter head soon and I was wondering if anyone knew how the gearbox holds the cutter. 

I know there are screws that hold the gearbox on the frame but is it like a sensitive set up?  Does it require calibrating or can I just screw it tight? 

I'm curious if during this part of installing the cutter head is it possible to have alignment problems because of the screws holding the gearbox.

A quick look at the manual (page 15) seems to indicate that the alignment of the cutter head to the table is done via the chain and sprockets under the table.  This leads me to believe that the cutter head is either properly seated or not during assembly and there is no fine tuning done by those screws.  JMHO.

• Thanks 1

On 8/14/2021 at 11:31 AM, gee-dub said:

A quick look at the manual (page 15) seems to indicate that the alignment of the cutter head to the table is done via the chain and sprockets under the table.  This leads me to believe that the cutter head is either properly seated or not during assembly and there is no fine tuning done by those screws.  JMHO.

That makes sense, thanks for the help.