countersink/counterbore

t-bone

There is a set at lowes for 12 bucks comes with #6 (3/32" pilot), #8 (7/64" pilot), #10 (1/8" pilot) and #12 (1/8" pilot)looks identical to the countersink/counterbore bits out of sac's rockler set, Ive used them for about 8 months so far and dont have any complaints.

I have never used these bits, but need to ASAP on my current project. Once you get the beveled part of the bit flush with the material, how do you stop it? I'm attaching 1/8" hardboard, and I'm not quite sure I won't just go right through the board.

And I also picked up the same bits that Paul is referencing.

I've just begin to use a unit from Lee Valey #8 recently... The real difference from my ancient set is that the drill bit in this set is a taper bit instead of a regular strait twist bit... That to me seems to be the great difference... The countersink and conterbore from the other set did the job, but the change of the bit really makes for cleaner and more "pleasant drilling".... Hum seems kind of nasty to put those words in a post !!!!