3 hp 220V Motor

Green Head

I'd go with Beechwood's suggestion, if you don't have a cyclone. If not, hold on to it and you'll have one if a motor ever burns out. I have a new in the box 3HP Baldor that was shipped to me by accident and they didn't want to pay to have it shipped back.

I'd go with Beechwood's suggestion, if you don't have a cyclone. If not, hold on to it and you'll have one if a motor ever burns out. I have a new in the box 3HP Baldor that was shipped to me by accident and they didn't want to pay to have it shipped back.

Vic, buddy, put that bad boy on your bandsaw!!! You could do so serious damage with that bad boy..

I think Bill Pentz has plans for making your own cyclone dust collector. The only things you have to buy (besides materials) are the motor and the impeller, and you've got the motor. I think you can even make the impeller if you want.

This sounds interesting. I don't have any kind of dust collection so a cyclone sounds great. I thought about selling it but I have no idea what it would be worth. Sounds like a better idea to just hold on to it even if I don't end up going the cyclone route.

Thanks for the idea.

If you sold it you should get at a minimum 150 dollars and probably closer to 250 if you can find the right buyer (at least that is how much you can get in Maryland). New from a manufacturer that motor goes for over 300.

As for what to do with it. You can sell it, you can trade it for a used machine you want. You can use it yourself for some project like the dust collector. You could use it to upgrade the power of one of your machines (just be careful with the RPMs, you don't want to put a 3450 rpm motor on a 1725 machine without accounting for pulley size etc).

If it were my motor I would either save it and buy a woodworking machine that didn't have a motor and then use it there, or I would trade it to someone for an old woodworking machine and then fix up said old machine (but then again I like doing that sort of thing). Have fun with it.