Delta 6 inch jointer tuneup Help

man of wood

Can you post a picture? I need to see what your working with. 

I have a Delta jointer. If you look at the outfeed you should you see a black knob underneath it (shown in pic, left side of cutter, underneath table.

So that is where you would raise/lower your outfeed on that model. 

You want that outfeed table to be coplanar with the apex of the cutterhead (the highest point inn it's rotation. 

The way i check this is to set a ruler on its side, so that most of it sits on the outfeed table and a few inches rest on top of the cutterhead. If you manually rotate the cutterhead (unplug it first), the knife should just barely graze the bottom of the ruler. 

Again, without a pic I can't help much as i have no idea what you're working with. Thanks ... 

Delta_X5_Model_37-866X_Professional_Jointer_060418034857-10.jpg

I assume it is a dove tail way jointer as DWC shows.  Tables on these are adjusted by very minor grub screw adjustment (if you're really lucky) or by shimming . . . this road can lead to madness :D.  Seriously though, there are articles/videos on shimming dove tail way jointers.  I would recommend watching man of them before you start.  I have read way too many threads of woe by people who started adjusting their jointer tables before they knew what exactly they were trying to fix and how to go about it.

Here's an example of shims positioned within the 'way':

• Like 1