Festool ETS 150/5 EQ

Coop

I have the ETS 125 (already had tons of 5" and didn't want to waste) and bought all of the various backing pads to go with it. The soft that comes with it is good for all around general sanding. I use the super soft on things that have some contours, it helps get into the hills and valleys. I use the hard pad for big flat surfaces that I want to stay that way and to help keep the edges from getting rounded over if I'm not careful enough. I use a protection pad on all to help with the dust extraction since I usually use mesh paper and it also helps with keeping the hooks and loops on the pads from breaking down as quickly. They're only $7.50 each compared to $46 to replace the pads.

• Like 2

Yeah, I use the protection pads as well. So far, in the last two years, I’ve had to replace the rubber disc pad twice, due to it just breaking apart. As the aftermarket pads are about half the price of Festool’s, I figure they can’t be any worse? I think I will give it a try. 

• 5 months later...