Where to find 6" S & D pvc pipe & fittings

Juicegoose

• 3 weeks later...

Guys I'm looking at picking up some 6" sewer and drain pipe and fittings. for those of you that have actually bought the stuff where did you have your best luck in finding it.

We get our at work from a local plumbing supply place. 6" anything will be expensive, but S&D is cheaper (and weaker) than Schedule 40. I'd recommend you price both and buy the Schedule 40 if you can.

I drive by a place every so often that has whole truck-packs sitting on the ground. These are the basic packed loads that get put onto the back of a flatbed trailer, maybe three of them to a trailer at a time. I keep remembering this place, because they also have fire hydrants sitting there, in a similar pack. Only problem is that they don't have a space for a car to pull in to chat with them about pricing, and I never remember to catch their name. (I've driven by this place for four years now.)

I've priced the S&D and Schedule 40 at Lowes, and, for an 8' run, there's still a factor of 3 in the price. Even the S&D is more than I want to spend, at $48 (last time I went in, anyway, and only 3 in stock), but I'm not spending $120 on the same length of Schedule 40.

Then again, winter runoff season is not a good time to be shopping for this. Just like everything else, the prices fluctuate around demand and supply.