AWFS 2011

mdoering

AWFS Attendance Poll  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be attending the AWFS 2011 show in Las Vegas?

Hey all, I was just wondering how many people plan on attending the AWFS show here in Las Vegas on July 20-23... I've never been to an AWFS show and plan on going, it would be great to organize a get together of sorts for forum members... Maybe we could even convince Marc to come if there's going to be a good turnout and he's not too busy posing for the paparazzi and signing autographs... :P

Unfortunately, it's geared way too much toward production shops. The flyer I got only had a couple short seminars for small shops and they were almost the same thing I'd seen several years ago when I met Marc and Nicole. Marc was doing Festool demos all and was nonstop busy. But, I did get to chat with Nicole, so big bonus there. Plus, I got to meet Chelsy and Kendall, who I've kept in contact with and are finally getting married this year!!! The seminars I took there really DID have a profound effect on me. One was with Paul Schurch, who is one of the premier inlay artists alive today. Although, I haven't pursued any inlay, I know I will at one point integrate it into a piece. The other was Michael Fortune, who is to this day one of my favorite models of a woodworker. His business model, his designs and simplistic way at approaching woodworking challenges is still impressive to me. This year, I decided to spend the money and go to WIA, which seems to me to be much more focused on the type of shop I run.