Look what came for Daddy....

Sac

Whats up yo!! Sitting in the shop today at about 11 or so, when then the UPS man showed up to with a present.. This is my B-day present from my wife... Well, thats what we are calling it anyway.. Really i am just spoiled rotten.. I got me G0609X 12" Jointer w/ Spiral Cutterhead . I am upgrading from a 6" Grizzly jointer. This was a good jointer, that is why I thought that I would give it a try again. So I called Papa Griz and placed my order. Everything was great. Their customer service was good and they got it out quick.. Here are a few pics..

post-68-015630500 1282176092_thumb.jpgpost-68-084863900 1282176094_thumb.jpgpost-68-085207300 1282176096_thumb.jpgpost-68-076750200 1282176098_thumb.jpgpost-68-064799700 1282176100_thumb.jpgpost-68-067989700 1282176102_thumb.jpgpost-68-080588700 1282176104_thumb.jpg

So, have you used it yet? AND how is it?

Well, here it is.... IT IS GREAT!!! I really dont know what else to say about it.. must say that it is taking a little getting used to. The height of it is the real big difference, and oh yeah, IT IS FRICKING HUGE!!! The height is a little height but I have a plan for that. We will see if I actually do it though. The cutterhead is nice as well. It really chew through some stock, I have been doing mostly oak and it is pretty good. It isnt a glass finish, but who ever joints something and then finishes it without prep? It gives me the flat surface that i need top plane... that is what counts. Right at first, I thought that it was dialed in pretty good, but I have noticed that there is jsut a little snipe at the end of the board. I will jsut have to wait for that 6' level with the straight edge accurate to .00005 to show up on my door step. It is fine for now. not too worried. Adjustments at all made real easily, especially depth of cut. I set mine to take about 1/32", and it probably wont move. I like to take little off at a time, easier for me. I dont have the leverage to take off 1/16" on an 11" wide board. This thing does need good dust collection. I did jam it up with chips when I accidentally left a blast gate open. I normally operate with tw gates open at all times. With the old 6" I could leave three open, but not this bad boy. Well, there is my down a dirty review. If you have any specific questions, let me know.

Excellent... actually when I posted wondering where you were at, i started wondering how you deal with the height of the tools in your shop. I believe your table saw is a special saw for wheelchair access, but obviously this jointer isn't and, worse, a jointer kinda assumes leverage from above.

So how you do work the jointer? I could see how a small ramp/platform near it would help you get up higher, but it seems like it would need to be pretty big to allow you room to move stock from outfeed back to infeed.

Yeah, I'm curious if you have some details...

...and thanks for putting the cat down.

Hey, my birthday is coming up.... in January!

Do you think that you could convince your wife to get me one too? Please?

Seriously, very nice machine! I am envious.

I really couldn't justify it, even at a fair price, it's just over kill!

At least that is what I keep telling myself to make me feel better. :)

Man that is nice! You lucky dog!

Really it's too much. I wouldn't even have room to put it...................(as I walk away shaking my head, trying to convince myself that I don't need one)