Freud FT300VCE Router

DadoHead

All - I purchased a Freud FT3000VCE router on sale last year. I have Ridgid TS3650 table saw with a 36" fence. I would like to use the right end of the fence system to mount my router. I have a small garage and don't have the luxury of a free standing router table system. I would like a plate with removable inserts so I can build raised panel cabinet doors, and a smaller insert for edge profiling and dadoes. What is the best plate to use? I am having a hard time finding one that has holes predrilled for my Freud, so I am assuming I will end up getting a blank plate. Has anyone tried doing this and/or have a recommendation for what plate I should go with? I would prefer something that won't break my wallet too bad!

Any help will be much appreciated!

Hey there Dadohead. I have that same router in a table mounted on a MLCS, blank aluminum plate. It has to be aluminum. That thing weighs a ton and it will sag a phenolic or plastic plate. I just drilled my own holes and over-sized them just to give me a little extra room. Also, you are going to need to drill a quite large hole, 3/4" if I remember correctly. Make sure that you have a good bit for that, and no a forstner is not a good bit for it.... Make sure to post pis of your finished product..